Visits

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Brain on Vacation

I am aware lately of a lamentable inability to express myself in a very articulate manner. I'm hoping that this is just a brain fog arising from the flu and its attendant trickle down of mental and physical fatigue. On the other hand, this sort of brain fog is of course common in MS and comes with a range of cognitive challenges and deficits. I am very much aware of searching for the proper word, and very often failing to find it, and of struggling to put sentences together, not only on the level of simple grammar but as parts which combine to convey a process of thought from beginning to end. More often than not, I find myself forgetting halfway through what the thought was supposed to have been. This is all particularly frustrating for me, as it is the general hope and expectation of one who has spent his years writing things down that he will have become ever more cogent and precise rather than less so. It is a bit like trying to play the piano as I did when I was in my 20s but with hands that are now numb in the fingers and as dumb as ham hocks. My apologies, therefore, for the clumsy performance. I am hoping that my keener faculties will soon return from vacation. 

No comments: