Visits

Saturday, August 4, 2018

WEGO

I've posted here today my Wego Nomination for Jim Dandy. To be honest, I wasn't sure what Wego is, so I looked it up:)

The WEGO Health Awards program was created to recognize and honor those making a difference in the online health community. It provides the opportunity for community members to thank and support the Patient Leaders and patient-centric initiatives they admire. Since its inception in 2011, the WEGO Health Awards have proven to be one of the best ways to connect the healthcare industry with top patient influencers. It is the only awards program that recognizes Patient Leaders across all condition areas and platforms, with over 2,000 nominations last year alone.

I would have to say that if I'm making a difference in the health (MS) community, it is rather by accident--but it's a happy accident in any case. Jim Dandy itself started as a blog devoted to negotiating the sudden, life changing manifestations of a disease--understanding it, examining it, interpreting its effect on my life, my health, my future, my frame of mind, and so on. In the years that followed, and especially after moving to the island of Bali, Jim Dandy gradually expanded his outlook and his interests, becoming less focused, yet perhaps more interesting. If my musings have, in all this and in any way, served to amuse or encourage or divert or commiserate, I count this as a happy coincidence. 

And so, as the Aussies here in Bali say, Cheers! 

No comments: