Visits

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Born Again

The good thing about this skin problem I have had, this lizardization (pronounced Li-ZARD, iszation) is that I seem to be gaining a whole new skin, as pink and unblemished as the one I was born with. Born again! Noticing yesterday that my left arm was red, somewhat hot, and somewhat swollen, I ran out to the pharmacy and purchased a tube of corticosteroid cream (stronger than the previous one I had purchased) and some antihistamine tablets. During the day, my skin peeled away in a snow of flakes. I could scrap the top skin off like black on burnt toast. What this strange phenomenon was, I have no idea. I suppose that it most resembles contact dermatitis, but I can think of nothing that would have consistently touched only my left arm and no other part of my body. Yes, there was a problem on my right arm and on my neck as well, but those were different than that involving the left arm. There was no intense itching with the others, no flaking away of skin to anywhere near the same extent. Weird. I guess most of my problems these days are weird, a challenge to physicians. I must admit at any rate that I am overjoyed at shedding my iguana-like appearance. Although I should not speak too quickly or loudly, given that this may alert the god of plague to the effect that he is sleeping on the job and had better get busy with afflicting some other curse. Shhh! 

No comments: