Visits

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Controller

It took me the longest time this morning to turn off the air-conditioner. No matter how I angled the remote control, no matter the finesse I used in pressing the off button, the thing would not stop blowing. I opened up the back of the controller to see if the batteries looked okay, closed it again, pointed the controller, pushed the button, but still the thing would not stop. 

Then I noticed that the controller I was using belongs to the electric fan. 

So, I reckon that I am starting the new year not so much on a good footing as on a typical footing. Status quo. No doubt when I go out for coffee later this morning I will make several trips from door to bike, forgetting my rain coat, forgetting my helmet, forgetting my laptop case, forgetting that the dog is still in the house. And so on. Status quo. My hope for 2019 is that I can maintain this present level of dysfunction--a sort of general confusion teetering just above dementia. 

No comments: