Visits

Monday, January 28, 2019

On Hold

Sitting here on hold with Social Security--almost midnight, way past my bedtime. Been on hold for 42 minutes so far. All I want to know is why I didn't receive my Medicare card, which, according to their website information, I should have had a couple months before my birthday, given that I have been receiving Social Security benefits since age 62 and a card should have automatically been sent. Perhaps it was sent. To the wrong address. Who knows?  The matter is apparently of such a top secret nature that they cannot answer my question by email. So here I am. It is nice to know that they regret that I have waited so long, which I have heard at least 20 times over the past 42 minutes. Well, 45 now. Given that I can't use Medicare in Indonesia anyway, I don't know why I'm putting myself through this. Fixated, I guess. I get that way. Maybe it's old age. Nah. I've always been this way. Things that aren't in order bug me.  

No comments: