Visits

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Oomba

 I've sort of rediscovered a nice coffee place down on the beach. It's called Oomba and is actually owned by an acquaintance of mine. I've long known of it, but just recently began visiting again. I suppose that one pleasant thing about any place on the beach these days is that they are all pretty much deserted, thanks to COVID, which means I can choose wherever I want to sit and read in peace and quiet while I enjoy my coffee. Something good about COVID after all? 

Last time I went there it occurred to me as well that I could easily take a swim in the ocean if I wanted. The only trouble would be getting down the rather steep (but brief) stone stairway to the beach. In 'the olden days' I enjoyed swimming nearly every day and I guess I kinda miss it. But it had become so difficult to find a quiet place on the beach and kinda too much trouble. But I might actually try it out again here at Oomba. 

No comments: