Visits

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Confusion

 Gosh, these Indonesian COVID rules are confusing. 

Yesterday, I went to Sanur and found one of my favorite coffee shops open as usual, and yet today I note that some of the others are closed and that the beaches are still closed. And yet a friend of mine tells me about visiting the beach just the other day. 

This evening, I went out to Starbucks and found the tables set up again and people sitting inside. 

"Oh, we can drink here now?"

"Yeah, it's okay. Take as long as you want, Pak Will." 

"As long as I want? What do you mean?"

"Oh, well, technically you can't stay more than half an hour." 

"Half an hour? But gee, I just ordered a grande. Do I gulp it." 

"No, no. Ha ha. Don't worry, Pak Will. Take as long as you want." 

The benefit of being a regular customer, I guess. Rules don't apply. 

And here's another thing I can't understand. Although I am 1) old and 2) have a preexisting health condition, I am not eligible to get the vaccine (because I am old and have a preexisting condition). Shouldn't I be first in line? I mean, I am the most likely to die, right? 

Oh well, go figure. 

No comments: