Visits

Monday, July 19, 2021

Lockdown Dogs

 I just learned today that the Bali lockdown, originally slated to be in effect until the 20th of this month, has been extended now to the end of the month.  What a drag. I mean, if can help the situation, it will have been worth it, but I doubt that it will have much effect. People are still out and about, although where they might be going, I cannot say. And I note that some of the local warungs pretty much ignore the lockdown. 

In any case, this leaves me with very little to do, as one can no longer hang out at the coffee shop or go to the beach. So I just kinda sit in the house every day, watching TV or reading a book. Seems like I have barely gotten up before it's time to go to bed again. Thankfully, however, I am actually sleepy by 10 pm. Who knows why, after just sitting all day. 

And I have these dogs to amuse me. You know, recently the neighbors seem to have decided among themselves that the dog named Jagger is my dog, despite the fact that I have said all along that I do not want a dog of my own. I am happy to feed them and keep an eye out after them, but I just didn't want the responsibility and worry of owning my own dog. 

Nonetheless, one of them called Louis down in Nusa Dua and asked her if Jagger could be my dog. Soon after that, I was walking up the street one evening when a neighbor stopped me and said, "Jagger is your dog now, ya Om?" Good grief. 

My dog? It seems to me that all six of these dogs are my dog! Lol. I mean they are at my house a large part of the day, and I often feed all of them. If Jagger is my dog, whose dogs are these other five then!? 

No comments: