Visits

Thursday, August 10, 2023

August

 As August has come to south Bali, so has the sun. And it's about time! It's been a weird year, for the full-fledged dry season has come several months late. Of course, if it extends several months longer than usual, that'll be fine, but I doubt whether we will have such luck. Be that as it may, I am enjoying it while I can--sunny days, barely a cloud in the sky, sunny but mild, breezy, the perfect weather, really, as far as I'm concerned anyway. On days such as these, I miss my old practice of swimming in the ocean, but I just don't seem to have the energy anymore. As it is, I content myself with visiting the beach in the morning or evening, or both, chilling at an outdoor cafe with a coffee and a good book, watching others swim, or walk the paths, or ride by on bikes. And sometimes in the evening it can actually get just a tiny bit chilly. In shorts and tee shirt, I mean. 

No comments: