Visits

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Kosong

Mau nulis tapi otak kosong. This means, in the Indonesian language, that I want to write but my brain is empty. But I guess that's okay, because Dharma has just handed me a ream of paper constituting a printout of his 'thesis' for graduation, for which he was required to use English. This is going to take a while :)  The funny thing about Dharma is that although his specialty in studies is English, he very, very rarely speaks English--less often, in fact, than the other employees at the Renon Starbucks. He tells me that if someone (like me) can speak Indonesian, he would rather use Indonesian. I am trying to convince him, however, that the best way to grow more comfortable with a second language is to use that language as much as possible. He understands this, as he tells me in Indonesian. 

No comments: