Visits

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Meds Note

Just a quick note on meds ...

I have mentioned earlier my discovery of Xanax as an effective medication for the neuropathic pain I have been suffering for more than a year. But the trouble has always been that Xanax puts you to sleep right quick, and so one must take it at night. There is no feeling of drowsiness in the morning (for me, anyway), but it does wear off during the day. Happily, however, I have discovered that Neurontin during the day is rather helpful. It provides the desired relief (to some extent) and it doesn't put you to sleep. I have had this on order from my pharmacist for some time now, but she has continually said that her supplier is out of the medication. Thus, I went to big name pharmacy here, Kimia, and bought a strip of 10 tablets. This cost me 180.000 Rupiah. This seemed excessive to me, so I contacted my local pharmacist, who said that indeed it is excessive. So, although her supplier is still 'out of' Neurontin, she will search for other suppliers for a better price. Live and learn.  

No comments: