Visits

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Return of the Flu


It seems that I have the flu AGAIN. I already had one on top of another not very long ago, and now I’ve started with coughing again and feel congested and dragged out. I must attend a luncheon later on today with Australian acquaintances, but I’m really not feeling like it.

Additionally, the pain in my shoulder and back continues (the most reliable thing in my life at present), and I’m experiencing a worsening of two little skin lesions, one on my right cheek and one on my right ear. These, I suppose, are little basal cell carcinomas resulting from over-exposure to the sun, and could probably be removed simply enough, if, that is, I had insurance or any money. Sadly, I have neither.

About one year to go now before I can receive health insurance through Social Security, if it’s still around by then (I’ll be 64 on January 23rd). So, if I can keep from totally disintegrating and being swept away by the wind for another year, I may be able to have some of these problems treated (which would, however, necessitate a return to America as, of course, one can only benefit from this insurance if one is in America).

Until then, I will muddle through. Muddling is what I do best.

No comments: