Visits

Friday, January 19, 2018

Wind

There's a warm wind up in Renon today, shoving the shoulders of the huskiest trees and billowing in the Starbucks table umbrellas. More people have come here than usual this afternoon. Perhaps the wind blew them in. And there are a goodly number of white people--not a common sight in Renon. Outside the tourist districts, the hotels, the beaches and the restaurants, one sees few white people. The Renon Starbucks is known, even among other Starbucks employees, as a spot for locals. People come here and order one coffee and sit for a long, long while, which is typically Indonesian of them. They come in pairs or in groups, seldom alone (unlike this bule). I do tend to stay longer these days, as when the weather is cloudy and off-and-on rainy, there is so little else to do. Would that I had something more interesting to write, but my head is rather empty today, and I think I might be hungry.

No comments: