Visits

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

5-FU

Finally got my magic cancer skin cream this afternoon. An old friend my ex-wife's and mine had the cream from leftover from her father who died of cancer, though not skin cancer, of course. That was just a cancer he was doing as a sideline to the liver cancer which eventually killed him. His name was Eugene and he was a fascinating old fellow who was originally from Russia but had spent most of his life in France, and then in Singapore and Indonesia. He spent his retired years writing historical fiction and bringing up his young daughter, whom he and his wife had adopted, though his wife passed away early on. In the end, the daughter, Nita, took care of Eugene. So it goes. 

This cream is essentially the same as 5-FU (though it has a different name) and is to be used mainly for the precancerous keratosis on my right cheek, although when I talked to the oncologist about the basal cell carcinoma in my ear, I asked if I could use the cream on that and he said 'couldn't hurt'. So I'll give it a shot. If it is effective, I should be able to get more from Australia (they don't have the stuff in Indonesia). I am told, however, to use it sparingly, three times a week, as it can make your skin fall off. Yikes. 

No comments: