Visits

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Scone

I was preparing to leave the house this morning, given that a tornado was about to strike, which is to say that the maid would be arriving to do her one-day-a-week clean up job, when it occurred to me that I had a sudden craving for one of these oatmeal scones at Starbucks along with the usual latte. I talked myself out of this, however, reasoning that the extra cost was unnecessary and I could just have a bowl of Wheatbix at home anyway. Which I did. 

Well, when I got to Starbucks and ordered my latte, I found that my account qualified for a free Daily Planner and carrying case--a perfect Xmas present for the ex (as for myself, I don't plan my days, they plan me, and the plan is generally the same one day to the next). 

Moreover, when my latte was served, I was also given--guess what--a free oatmeal scone! Now how did they know that I had been craving an oatmeal scone?

So it's a good start to the day, I reckon.

No comments: