Visits

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Two-Fer

When I came to Starbucks this morning, Rupa, the barista, said "Pak Will, there's a deal today on Line. Two for one." 

"Oh, but I don't have the Line app on my phone." 

"That's okay," said Rupa. "I will use mine for you." 

In the meantime, as my first latte was prepared and served, I downloaded the Line app and then sought out Rupa. 

"Hey, I've downloaded the app now. I can just click here, right?"

"Ya, Pak Will. But why don't you wait and come back this evening. We can use mine this morning and yours this evening." 

So here I am with another two-for-one. I don't know that anybody needs four grande lattes a day, but a deal's a deal, right? And anyway, if I weren't here, I'd just be sitting around at home, probably watching a movie on the laptop. It is interesting, too, to visit in the evening sometimes. It is a much different atmosphere than in the morning. For one thing, it is very, very crowded, affording ample opportunity for people watching. And if I were a young, healthy man, it would probably be a good place to meet a girl, as single, young women appear to make up at least 50 percent of the population here in the evening. Of course, I'm not young or healthy. But I still have an active imagination. Come to think of it, my imagination is the only thing about me that is active.  

No comments: