Visits

Monday, January 27, 2020

Driveby

On driving by my new apartment location this morning, I noted that the structure had actually begun to look like a house from the outside rather than a pile of grey stones. Wow, these things progress quickly once they begin to progress. 

I note as well that a problem with this location will be the road, which is in fact at least as narrow as the road where I am currently living--which itself must be among the narrowest roads on the island of Bali. I cannot see where two cars going in opposite directions would be a possibility. Which means they will have to make it a oneway road. Not that anyone here gives a damn about oneway roads. A bike and a car, sure. Two cars? No way. 

It is a bit sad, really, to see the fields being paved over and replaced by closely packed houses and apartments. But that's the march of progress, I guess, on an island with an ever increasing population and very little land to spare, within the city limits, anyway. (There's plenty of jungle up north). 

No comments: