Visits

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The First

Well I'll be damned if I didn't make it to midnight last night, and even a few ticks after. How? Well, partly by obsessively trying to watch movies that would not run (apparently there were far too many people trying to use the server) and partly by chatting with my friend in Borneo through WhatsApp. Every time my eyes grew heavy, Ding the phone would go and we would resume our chat. I see this morning that she sent a final message at one am saying goodnight. I had apparently fallen asleep the instant my head hit the pillow, and have no recollection of anything further until I woke in the morning. Ah the breathtaking lifestyles of the ill and elderly. 

I am this morning burning up with the old familiar bane of the last half-year plus--no fever, just a scorching heat radiating from the inside from my shoulders to my head. I have medication for this (pregabalin), but it does seem less effective lately. Apparently, this is a condition suffered by 20 percent of those with multiple sclerosis (or any autoimmune disorder) and is the product of a whacko central nervous system rather than an actual rise in body temperature. The long and short of the thing is that it is distinctly annoying and exhausting.  

Learned a new word this morning: Decennium, referring to a ten year period of time. 2020 is a decennium. 

No comments: