Visits

Friday, January 10, 2020

Third World Wifi

A friend of mine in Borneo is having trouble with her wifi and has called the repairman several times. 

On a visit to the house this morning, the repairman, nonplussed by the cause of the dysfunction, nonetheless offered the following sage observation: 

"Mbak sih terlalu sering pakai wifi, makanya mati." (You have used it too much). 

To which my friend replied, "Iya dong saya kan bayar". (Yeah, I pay for the service).

Lol. This is Indonesia. Not quite ready for prime time. But they're trying. 

The repairman then observed that it would be best for her to watch YouTube on her cellphone rather than on the TV, such that she might avoid, I suppose, overtaxing the wifi.

Apparently the thing needs oiling, or coolant, or something. 

Lol. 

Ah Indonesia. I love it. As long as it's not happening to me.

No comments: