Visits

Monday, May 11, 2020

Jowls

I looked in the mirror last night--always inadvisable--and noticed that I am developing jowls. Some men develop their biceps, some their thigh muscles or calves. Some even develop their minds. I develop jowls. And apparently I didn't even have to try. Or at least I'm not aware of having done so.

I have also developed a complete row of bottom teeth. Ah, but I brag. I cannot take credit for these teeth. They were in fact fashioned by a dental lab, after several weeks of sitting in the dentist chair for a series of gooey molds. And (again, looking in the mirror), it strikes me that the jowls, however regrettably so, look more natural on a man my age than the row of straight, white, gleaming teeth.

But of course the purpose of these things is to chew, which I hope they will do at least after a moderately useful fashion once my gums adapt to the hard lower edges of the appliance.

 

No comments: