Visits

Saturday, May 9, 2020

This, That, and the Other Thing

Having a lot of trouble with my shoulder and back for the last week. It's a recurring problem. I just don't know why it suddenly gets worse than usual. I did some stretching exercises, but that seems to have made it worse yet. The only other intervention that I know of is methylprednisolone, which I try to take only very sparingly, as it exacerbates the problem with my stomach and could, if used too often, do a real number on the stomach.

The traffic in Bali is rather heavy today, which we have not seen in quite some time, due to voluntary lockdown. There are still very few businesses open, so I don't know where everyone is going. Heading for the hills? Or maybe they're just trying to get out of the house for a change. But the beaches are still closed, so they're certainly not going there. The grocery stores are open of course, and some eating warungs are open (for the brave).

You know, the people in the complex where I live are quite careful about wearing a mask, some seeming to wear it all the time, and not going out very much, and yet they all order warung food to be delivered by Gojek. Seems a bit counterintuitive to me.

In the meantime, my new kost (apartment) is very nearly finished. AC installed today. Hot water already in. Kitchen nearly done (they still need to move the sink to an accessible spot on the counter). Electric all hooked up. Sometime later (after I actually move in), Louis will arrange the landscaping in the front and the dry garden in the back.

So I have told the owners here that I will definitely be gone by June. It has been a long (longer than expected) process, which was originally to have been finished by early March. I don't relish the idea of actually moving (packing, carrying, rearranging, etc.), but there seem to be sufficient helpers lined up, we have plenty of time to get ready, and I am certainly hoping that it will all proceed more smoothly than the disaster of last year's move). As it is, I can't lift anything anyway, so I will certainly need the help.

No comments: