Visits

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Broken Fingers and Wall Garden Ghosts

I seem to be having a spate of bad luck lately. This morning, I found one of the sliding windows at the front of my room stuck, so I was trying to fix it from the outside, one hand on the door frame, when a sudden gust of wind slammed the door on my hand. I believe my right middle finger is broken😅 Trying to figure now how I'm gonna drive my bike with right hand fingers that don't bend.

[To be honest, I suspect that this slamming of the door business was the work of the wall garden ghost--but didn't want to write it down for fear that she might read over my shoulder and thus wallow in credit for her victory. Rather, I place this portion of the account in brackets, for, as far as I know, ghostly minds are not able to pierce brackets. There was a wind, to be sure, but there is also the distinct chance that the ghost of this old woman, seeing my fingers thus positioned so precariously, leaped at the opportunity to slide noiselessly across the newly mopped tiles, violently slam the heavy door on the unsuspecting fingers, and then breeze back out the garden doors before the words "Damn, that hurt!' even left my lips.]

1 comment: