Visits

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Gloomy, Sour, Depressed, or Your Choice of Adjectives

 I'm feeling gloomy, sour, depressed these days. Don't know what it is. The weather, maybe? Every day a dreary, pale gray sky and heat like an oven. Starts raining just about the time one decides to get out of the house. 

Or maybe it's the meds I'm taking. I dunno. I started taking a high dose of pregabalin at night and none during the day, although I don't see why this would have anything to do with depression. 

Or maybe it's the money leaking from my bank account. As I mentioned here, I decided to do the five-year foreign resident permit this time around instead of the usual one year. Learned yesterday that I must pay an additional one million for a KTP, whatever that is. In any case, my agent says I must, so I must. 

What else? Male menopause? 

Funny, when I first described my weird super-heated feelings to a doctor at Kasih Ibu Hospital, I was told that this was "male menopause". Relating that information later to a neurologist there elicited a subdued guffaw. No, he said. There is no male menopause. This is a neuropathic problem. 

Anyway, I hope I snap out of this soon. I don't seem interested in reading or watching television or walking on the beach or pretty much anything. 


No comments: