Visits

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Bye-Bye

I see that my 'other blog', on Wordpress (My Practical Paradise) is about to expire. To be honest, I was never able to develop a 'feeling' for the blog, nor was I able to see the oft-celebrated superiority of Wordpress over BlogSpot--especially at my level of competence (which is fairly close to zero, and going down). I do believe that there are those who are making money from the many avenues available for Wordpress, but it seemed to me from the start that one's concern would need to be primarily focused on many money rather than on writing about one's experience. It has always felt manipulative and mercenary to me. Aside from that, one has to pay for access to the aforementioned avenues, and thus tends to feel pressed to recoup his investment. In other words, as far as I'm concerned, it's BS. 

So anyway, I'm gonna let the WP blog lapse. I never received so much as a single comment on the blog, nor a single penny from it. Moreover, often enough, I simply repeated the things I had already written in Jim Dandy. 

One additional point is that part of the reason for creating this blog to begin with was for it to be a cooperative effort with my wife, wherein she would take photographs and I would write text for 'our world travels'. As it turned out, however, she traveled right out of the marriage with another guy who could actually afford to send her traveling around the world. So there you have it. 

No comments: