Visits

Monday, June 18, 2018

Photo Finish

My ex-wife and I trade photos back and forth via i-Phone message. She sends me a photo of a palace in Abu-Dhabi. I send her a photo of the big fat brown dog eating a cookie. She sends a photo from Paris. I send a photo of a cow. Different lives much? But although I'm certain that she would not exchange her experience for mine, I am just as sure that I would not exchange mine for hers. Yes, I will take the dog and the cow over the palace and the Eiffel Tower. Maybe that's why we're divorced? Lol. The ramshackle shack in the pasture appeals to me. The luxurious hotel with its groomed beachfront does not. Sate smoked on a sidewalk grill is to my taste, squid on a silver platter at the price of silver is not. Ambience is in the breeze, aromas, voices, passing colors, not in sophisticated décor and crystal glasses. Each to his own, and may all be happy.  

No comments: