Visits

Friday, June 15, 2018

Visits

If the visit counter on this blog can be supposed to be a reliable gauge, it would seem that the number of people visiting the blog is steadily declining. Of course this may not be the actual case, as there are a number of ways in which visitors would arrive at the blog and not all would tick the counter. Nonetheless, if visits are declining, I would have to conclude either that what I write here has become steadily more boring, or that some have been offended by the political views I occasionally express. I try not to address politics very often, and yet the subject is often on my mind and probably sneaks onto the page more often than I realize. I note the disappearance of one reader in particular, with whom I had previously seemed rather popular, and I feel sorry to see that reader go. Then again, on the other hand, I have no way of knowing whether previous visitors have stopped following me or have actually died. Lol. I don't know these readers, you see. I just know what region of the world they come from. It may even be that the interest I have failed to retain is that of a bot. In any case, I write of my own experiences and feelings and ideas without meaning to preach (other than to myself). In short, I talk to myself, and thus find employment for several hours of the day. 

No comments: