Visits

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Autumn Fever in Indonesia

Autumn in Indonesia must be like springtime in America--or rather, spring fever time, when males and females grow 'frisky'. Well, the females, anyway. Males are always frisky, right? We hardly need a special season for it. 

I say this because I've noticed that I can go without significant contact from the opposite sex throughout the rest of the year, but when Autumn strikes, it seems that a number of females suddenly want to chat me up (at least). Lately, I've had three and four WhatsApp conversations going simultaneously--an activity fraught with danger for me, as I so often forget to change screens and end up saying something to one person which I meant for another, sometimes with distinctly unfortunate consequences. 

Why, you ask, would anyone want to talk with an old, unwell, worn out man such as myself? Well, it may be partly because Indonesians will be planning rainy season trips to Bali, this being the most affordable time to do so, and looking for a convenient hook-up that might provide a source of food and/or living quarters. In fact, my old, unwell, worn out-ness may seem a kind of guarantee of safety.  

Is this too cynical? Maybe. Maybe not.  I will  only say that although I have just one small room, I've already had two young woman (comparatively so, that is) 'offer' to stay in my place. Purely for convenience, you understand. No touching, although food will be accepted. 

I wonder if it will be a problem if two or three are staying here at the same time. Perhaps I can loan one or two out to a neighbor. 

No comments: