Visits

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Disconnect

I was chatting online this morning with a young Indonesian woman, a girl of college age, who for some reason decided to describe her views on sex. 

She did not like to be constrained, she said, by common societal restrictions such as apply to sex before marriage. As far as she was concerned, there is no need for marriage in general, and certainly no need for marriage before sexual relations. 

For example, she saw no problem with going to bed with a friend, although her friends, and of course the society at large, judge her badly for this view. 

Well, eventually we moved on to what sort of foods I most enjoy eating here in Bali. I mentioned a few, including babi guling. 

"Oh, no," she said. "I can't have that. I am Muslim."

Hmmmm …. 

No comments: