Visits

Monday, October 14, 2019

New Street

I happened to discover quite accidentally the other day that there is a new street in my neighborhood. I was headed on the usual street, which is also the only street, out to the main road for a trip up to Denpasar when I, and everyone else, came upon a crowded wedding in progress, essentially blocking the street to through traffic. I was directed by a man tasked for that function to use a very skinny street that cut up to the right instead. Upon following that street (alleyway, really), I came upon a brand new road leading also to the main highway. This is important, because there is otherwise only one narrow street that snakes through my neighborhood from one end to the other.

This new street is also very narrow, but it has been newly cut and paved and is, so far, very lightly travelled. It is also more open, running between stark green rice fields, and is really rather scenic in an otherwise decidedly un-scenic neighborhood. 

So I decided to walk up there this morning and snap some photos. Along the way, I met a fieldworker who told me that the street would soon be extended so that it will run all the way through the neighborhood parallel to the old street. Progress!

















No comments: