Visits

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Eve

My Christmas here in Bali is kind of like Mr. Bean's Christmas, except for the turkey stuck on the head part. No turkey here in Bali. 

So I've got my cozy little easy chair and my Christmas carols on YouTube, my fake little tree, some Christmas cookies, and a dog rather than a teddy. 

"Takut," I said to the dog this morning, "it's Christmas Eve!" 

He seemed less than impressed. 

"Aren't you excited about Santa Dog coming? 'Course, here he just flies over, doesn't stop, but still …" 

Takut was asleep. 

Perhaps I will buy him some dog treats today as a present for tomorrow, and maybe pick up something for me as well. Hmm … what's on my list? 

I thought there was going to be a Christmas gathering at the ex-wife's villa today, but apparently I was mistaken. That is slated for tomorrow afternoon. Well, it'll give me something to do on Christmas. 

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. 

Dalam Bahasa Indonesia, begini: Kemuliaan bagi Tuhan di tempat yang mahatinggi, dan damai di bumi bagi umat-Nya. 

Merry Christmas to all. 

No comments: