Visits

Friday, July 24, 2009

Ghostwriter

I have a ghostwriter on Facebook. Things just appear--my status, comments to other entries, even pictures. I personally don't write there anymore so much as read what has been written. So far I have not said anything of a particularly disagreeable nature, thankfully; although I have removed one friend, which is not something I personally would have done (kind-hearted fellow that I am).

All in all, I guess it cuts down on time devoted to frivolous pursuits (hey, good name for a game--Frivolous Pursuit!), and though it is a bit disconcerting to find myself wondering what I might say on my page, it is at the same time a fairly safe bet that I am less likely under this present arrangement to say something I shouldn't have said.

Moreover, I suppose this lends an element of mild suspense to the progress of the otherwise predictable hours. I may even say something funny, or profound, in due time. I may even say it in grammatically proper English!

Delegate, delegate, delegate. Simplification is delegation.

Unhappily, my ghostwriter, my shadowy amanuensis, does not appear nearly so eager when it comes to the accomplishment of chores such as bookkeeping, check writing, dish washing and the like, even though these are matters which would seem more pressing, in my mind, than Facebooking. Or rather, let us say that tasks such as those just mentioned are more and more nudged toward my corner of active stewardship.

Oh well, we all must do our parts.

No comments: