Visits

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sorry Charlie

On my last visit to the neurologist I was given samples of NuVigil, in both 150 and 250 mg strength. I found that these work very well indeed--especially the 250 mg dose, and so I called in to report the same, and a prescription was faxed to my pharmacy.

Well, it turns out that my health plan does not cover NuVigil. Provigil, yes. Not NuVigil. Sorry Charlie. What they want instead is $350.

So, bye-bye NuVigil. They just can't cut a fella a break, can they? Why even make these medicines if they're going to dangle them in front of our noses only to snatch them away?

I guess I just don't get the whole idea of health care. I thought all this money had been taken out of my check for the last 17 years so that I would be able to get medical help when I needed it. Naive of me, wasn't it? How callow, how innocent. How duped.

3 comments:

End to End said...

Nuvigil is simply a longer lasting version of Provigil . Both drugs have bad, delayed reaction side effects -- they will literally kill you between 2 weeks and 3 months after you have begun taking them in a process known medically as delayed reaction drug hypersensitivity syndrome . Hold your breath until 3 months after you take either, as you likely will not develop the syndrome after that.

Unknown said...

There is a co-pay program for Nuvigil that might be able to save you money and you can get 7 days supply free. I signed up at www.awakeoffer.com. Good luck

Anonymous said...

not having MS., but as a high dose user of provigil (6oo mg) a day for 10yrs, i was wondering why you need provigil type meds for MS?
i use it because of narcolepsy. and is 'nuvigil' any better and in what way do they differ?