Visits

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Frankinsense, Hold The Myrrh

A package came to the house a couple days ago addressed to my ex-wife, sent from a company called "Essential Oils". I figured it was some kind of skin care oil, or maybe cooking oil, or maybe both. It turns out that it is Frankincense oil. Frankincense is known in the natural medicine world for its curative effects on skin cancer. It is also known Biblically as an oil used to anoint the dead for burial. 

Regardless of whether or not it is good for cancer or for a corpse, it sure does smell good! It smells like Christmas and has made for a merry addition to the Christmas decorations and music at my usual Starbucks.

On the other hand, it stings like hell! 'Just put a small drop on the cancerous spot,' she instructed. Yuow! One drop'll do it, that's for sure. I figure that something that stings this bad must be doing something. Whether that means it's curing the cancer or just burning a hole through my ear remains to be seen. 

In the end, it's the thought that counts.

2 comments:

LADY WITH THE CANE said...

I'm sure you've been corrected, but I will do it again. Mix the Frank with some coconut oil to protect the sensitive skin.

R.W. Boughton said...

Lisa--Ah! I did not know that. But it makes sense. I do have some coconut oil, which I will add from now on. Thanks!