Visits

Friday, November 16, 2018

Tabrakan

Hit from behind this morning, second time in two weeks. No problem on my end, but the guy who hit me also hit the street and got a fair-sized scrape on his arm. Also broke a couple bits off his bike. There often seems a failure to note what is happening in the traffic ahead, especially in the stop and go traffic on Yeh Aya where you have heavily traveled streets feeding in. 

This came after a rough night last night. I felt for all the world like I had just taken a shot of Avonex--same flu-like myalgias from head to toe. Well, it wasn't as bad as Avonex, but still more than enough to keep one awake. Last time I looked at the clock, it was 2:30 in the morning. Finally went to sleep at some point and then dreamed that all my teeth were falling out (and woke up to find that in fact most of them long since had!). 

This is a recurrent dream for me. The psychologists say it has to do with fear of aging, of becoming less productive--losing your ability to 'fully bite into life'. Kind of a no-brainer, actually. 

So, I seem to be in an active period with MS (the disease being active, not me). My feet have gone more numb than usual and muscular pain in my neck and shoulder is more severe. Time to swallow some prednisone, I guess. Also back on the baclofen, which is helpful. 

I've run out of my frankincense, which I was using, along with hand lotion and wishful thinking, to treat my skin cancer, but Louis is now talking with a medical professional friend in Jakarta and seems to want me to go there for an operation to remove the cancer. Sounds like fun, right? 

No comments: