Visits

Monday, November 12, 2018

Hot!

Very, very hot nowadays--30C at 11 o'clock this morning, 36 with humidity factored in. 36C is the same as 96.7F. The forecast calls for rain later on today. 

Under these circumstances, one barely wants to move. Nonetheless, I had to go down to the post office in Sanur to pay my electricity and water bills. Riding the motorbike in the sun, head tamped down under the helmet like the top of a hot bottle of fizzy pop, makes for a decidedly less than pleasant experience. By the time I got out of the thing, my hair was completely wet, sweat dripping across my shoulders and down my back  as if I had just stepped out of the shower.

In short, this is not my favorite season in Bali. 

And actually, it seems to bother me more than it used to. Perhaps this is some of the good old MS heat intolerance kicking in. Or perhaps it's just the extra stress on my system on top of already not feeling very well. 

So anyway, once I finish my coffee, I'm looking forward to going back home and standing in a cold shower. As cold as I can get it, anyway--for in this kind of heat, even the shower water comes out warm. 

No comments: