Visits

Sunday, April 7, 2019

A Brief and Blurry Excursion

I picked myself up by the scruff of the neck this morning and dragged myself out the door in order to go up to Plaza Renon, for it is two-fer day at Starbucks, and it seems a pity to miss that whether one is deathly ill or not. I have been so long stuck in my little room, just lying in bed day and night, and I become impatient and unwise. All drivers of motorbikes are well advised to be more than half alive before trying to operate the vehicle. . But ah well-living slowly in the fast lane this morning. 

If memory serves, I entered my new place on March 9th, already ill, but not ill at all compared to what was to come. Really, I have not yet had the opportunity to either like or dislike the place. I have thrown myself into the swimming pool a couple times, but not so much to enjoy the thing as to merely try to cool down. It is very curious that my head and neck feel so hot, and yet I have not yet been found to have a fever. Go figure. 

And, speaking of the new place, it may well happen that I will have to move, as Louis is insisting that I need to be closer to her place so that she can check on me or provide help if need be. Where I am now is not so very far away, but she refuses to use the skinny little streets that lead to it. And I can't blame her there. In a car, it truly looks like you're not going to be able to squeeze through, without scraping off a mirror or a fender. 

But I sure as hell hate the idea of moving again! 

No comments: