Visits

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Red Tape

I reckon that of all the things in this world that ought to be free, dying is chief among them. Just a basic package, you know. Spic and Span. No charge. People who desire something fancier could always purchase the extras, whether it be a funeral or a professional eulogy or a private pyramid with golden statues of the gods. But to further burden the deprived and suffering with financial stress and oppressive paperwork seems cruel and unusual. For myself, just drop me, unmarked, in a mass grave or stick me in a furnace, to be comingled with the ashes of random humankind. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just put me in the compost pile! Back to earth I
I go. https://news-prod.wcu.edu/2016/02/wcu-contingent-works-on-latest-phase-of-urban-death-project/