Visits

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Limited Activity

It seems like every time I get out for a short while, I have to pay for it the next day with a lower level return of the damnable illness. And it's not that I am overdoing. Yesterday's outing was to the Honda garage for a long overdue service on the motorbike. I had put the thing off some two months beyond the regular time, waiting to feel well enough to face what is otherwise a fairly simple task at any rate. Leave the bike, walk down to the KFC for a coffee, and return in a couple hours to pick up the bike. Not really a major effort. Except that, in my state of health, it is. 

So today I have a bit of a sore throat, feel feverish, and will spend yet another day vegetating in my room. 

This all really is quite reminiscent of mononucleosis, which I had at age 17. It's not mono, of course, but feels much the same. Relentless sore throat, exhaustion, weakness--the desire to return to normal life, and the body's inability to do so. 

Here's to hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. 

No comments: