Visits

Monday, April 29, 2019

Bakso

I had not seen Viana for quite some time. Perhaps it was because my door was often closed and my curtains shut and my lights out. Not that this had anything to do with Viana, but has just been my preferred mode for suffering with the incurable throat plague. While not up to being very pleasant or entertaining, I had kind of missed the little tyke nonetheless. Well, she came flapping to the door this afternoon (she always flaps). 

"Hi, Meester!" she says. 

"Hi, Viana. Where have you been lately?"

Her recent whereabouts are of no interest to her. 

"Meester, you want bakso?"

"Bakso? Why? Do you have bakso?"

"No."

"Who has bakso?" 

"The bakso man." 

"Ah!" 

"You want?" 

"Do you mean to say, Viana, that you want bakso?" 

"I do if you do," she agrees. 

Lol.  

And so she buys us two orders of bakso from the bakso man, 5000 Rupiah apiece, her portion of which, I suspect, she will like Wimpy in the old Popeye cartoon, gladly pay on Tuesday. 

No comments: