Visits

Monday, February 24, 2020

Damnable

Well, here i am again without a laptop again, thanks again to the deadly interventions of Windows 10. The problem for quite some time had been with Windows blocking my VPN. I had discovered that this problem could be temporarily undone by restoring Windows to an earlier date and then reinstalling the VPN. Should have let it be, I guess. Its not that I really even need a VPN, its just that I paid for the thing and figure I really ought to be able to use it. Anyway, the latest attempt to perform the old recovery trick resulted instead in the death of the laptop, which now does not load Windows at all but goes straight to a screen that says Your System Must Recovered (or something like that. Naturally, none of the recovery options works, nor do the online suggestioss for ways to escape this damnable screen.

So here I am poking away at the iPad screen with one finger, an input method which is, needless to say, considerably slower than the use of ten, and moreover is having a painful effect on my already painful right shoulder and arm. Therefore, y’all won’t be hearing much from me until I either get one laptop fixed or buy another. 

No comments: