Visits

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Suddenly Galungan

Once again, Galungan, the twice a year Balinese holiday, has snuck up me and suddenly pounced. I should have known it was coming. I do remember having a couple of Galungan posts on Facebook, but I kind of just spaced out on it (as usual). 

The point is, many places are closed on Galungan (and the day after, apparently), including the post office, where I went this morning to pay my electric bill. 

Oh dear. Hopefully my electricity will last until Friday. I don't mind being in the dark (I am always, metaphorically, in the dark anyway). It would also be good practice for Nyepi, the 'day of silence', which is coming up in March. But I could not tolerate being without a fan or air-conditioning. 

Oh dear. Shall have to hope for the best. And perhaps lay out some offerings for the AC unit.

No comments: