Visits

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Days that Got Away

 I feel like apologizing for having been so silent lately. The thing is, I just seem to have nothing whatsoever to say. Or when I do think of something to say, I lack sufficient energy or interest to write it down. I had some thoughts for instance about the shameless, seditious Republican circus act transpiring around their refusal to accept the results of the presidential election, but the whole thing is just so tiring now, so sickening and disheartening that I find I'd rather not devote time even to thinking about it. As things stand, I barely recognize my country anymore, and that in itself is disheartening. In the meantime, the days pile up here, one atop another like drifts of snow, one barely distinguishable from another. And the rain goes on day after day, the wettest wet season I've yet seen in Bali. I sit in my chair, watch Netflix, eat, nap, run out for a coffee whenever there's a break in the rain. Which makes it hardly surprising, I suppose, that I have nothing to say. I sing myself to waking slumber to the tune of beloved old movies and novels, the comfort food of the idle mind. 

No comments: