Visits

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Dreams Come True

Looks like my Xmas wish will come true, as I am set to have cataract surgery on my other (right) eye a week from today. Happy holidays! Hopefully, it will proceed as well as the surgery on the left--with, that is, excellent results and no problems. 

I'm actually having the usual problem with irritation lately of the eyelid, but of course that has nothing to do with the cataract surgery. My eyelids and eyelashes have always been sensitive to 'the elements'--weather, heat, stuff in the air--often itching and being generally bothersome, and it has been especially so here in Bali, with the humidity and the sweat and the generally grimy air. But oh well, not much to be done about that.

In any case, it will be wonderful to see the world clearly with two eyes in my twilight years. I am simply amazed at my new ability to see faces quite clearly from far away when previously all that was more than a few feet from my eyes was an indistinct blur. And it is all so beautiful! Even the cockroach I spotted in the bathroom this morning seemed beautiful. Moreover, he was not able, as would have been the case beforehand, to suddenly sneak up on me. Nope. Saw him immediately from the far end of the bathroom and eradicated him forthwith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where there is one roach there are many. This seems to apply to many situations in life, including insect type roaches.

R.W. Boughton said...

Anonymous--Here in Bali, they generally fly in through an open window or door. Since my door is always open to dogs, it is unfortunately open to cockroaches as well. Lol.