Visits

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Xmas Is Here

Upon entry into Starbucks this morning, my mood, decidedly sour, is lifted by Christmas music. The young Dutch couple in front of me at the counter does a slow arm-in-arm sway to the rhythm. Frank Sinatra. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. And they will, for it is clear for all to see that they are very much in love and love is sure to last at least till Christmas. The man gives the woman a peck on the neck, and though very much in love, she seems not so certain of this public display of affection. Rosa, the barista, smiles and gives me a wink. She also gives me a discount. Happy Holidays! Ah, but please dispense with the messy modern renditions. Stick to the classics. Give me an old fashioned Christmas, an old fashioned Christmas, family faces, wide open spaces, covered with snow …. Yes, my neck still hurts and my right hand is numb and will neither open nor close and it feels like I have a bit of a Bowie knife shoved into my right shoulder blade, nonetheless it is Christmas, it's the most wonderful time of the year, ding-dong, ding-dong, ding-dong, keeping time, time, time, Oh the bells, bells, bells, bells, bells, bells, bells. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Very an interesting post you have! Did you know how caffeine affects the body? You can learn about this on the Nutri-IQ platform https://www.nutriiq.ca/ which I have been using for a long time and get a lot of useful information! What do you think about it?