Visits

Friday, November 1, 2019

Guard Dog

I broke down the other day and bought Takut the dog a big bowl for food and water along with a blue collar. It may not be much longer possible to claim that he is "not my dog". Claims that I 'have no idea' where he got the collar and bowl have already been been looked upon with distinct skepticism by other residents. 

For his own part, Takut, following receipt and application of the collar, seems to have deputized himself as the "Villa Guard Dog". What other explanation for his eruption of barking this morning when a woman outside the main door had the temerity to pick flowers from the tree there for offerings? I had only very rarely in the past months heard Takut bark at all. This morning, he made up for all the lost opportunities. Nor did he consider my command that he stop barking of significant importance. 


This behavior, I fear, is not bound to fly very successfully--unless, of course, he can more rightly determine the difference between dangerous intruders and innocent passers-by, such as this young woman and her baby out picking flowers. 


No comments: