Visits

Thursday, November 21, 2019

I Don't Make the Rules

You know, the more I think about the "dog issue", the angrier I become. I mean, I was lying awake last night thinking about management's suggestion that I simply stop feeding the dog, imagining how I could possibly just sit there and watch while he starves to death on my front porch. What the hell is wrong with people? I have been kind to the dog from the beginning, have let him hang out on my porch or lie around in my room--and I'm supposed to suddenly just turn my back, withdraw all affection or charity, lock my door, pretend he doesn't exist? How? How is it that such a thing can even be imagined? And all because one family of Indonesian people at the back of the villa, where the dog rarely ever ventures anyway, doesn't like the way he looks? Jesus. 

I think that if I weren't presently so hip deep in other demands and expenses--like getting my cataract surgery, like renewing (and paying for) my yearly foreign resident visa, like struggling with my own poor health, I would just move out straightaway, and take the damn dog with me. 

And how has this become my problem anyway? I mean, as I have said over and over, I did not bring the dog with me. The dog was there when I arrived, way back in March of this year. Is his presence not a matter for management to sort out?  They may either allow or disallow dogs. I just pay the rent, man. I don't make the rules. 

No comments: