Visits

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Upcoming

This year I will be celebrating Thanksgiving Day by getting cataract surgery in my right eye. No turkey, no mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, no giblet gravy or pumpkin pie or mincemeat pie. No, just surgery. But then again, generally I would not even be getting surgery, so I guess that's something in and of itself--although it is not something that I could make a tradition of. Hopefully, anyway. And honestly I'm looking forward to it big time, as the marked difference between the vision in my "new" left eye and in my "old" right eye is continually disconcerting and discombobulating, the one side rendering the world an indistinct blur, the other sharp and colorful. And speaking of Thanksgiving, I notice that the Cowboys are slated to play on Friday, not on Thanksgiving Day. What happened to the traditional Thanksgiving Day Cowboys game? What has become of America!

[Correction: I realized later that my surgery is the day before Thanksgiving. Good thing I checked that. So perhaps there is still hope for a turkey and dressing after all. Or at least a chicken.]

[Correction #2: I stated that the Cowboys will not be playing on Thanksgiving Day. I was mistaken. They will face the Buffalo Bills in an afternoon game.]

No comments: