Visits

Monday, March 26, 2018

Oxycodone

Very often, by the time I get to my morning coffee spot along with my laptop and all, I have developed such an intense pain in my right neck and shoulder that it is difficult to do anything other than stare at the open screen. There are perhaps a hundred different things I might have written about, but the pain says "Me first!"

But the subject, like the pain itself, is redundant. One thing I can say is that my ex-wife, who recently had surgery in Australia for removal of benign breast lumps, is going to give me the Oxycodone that she received. She has taken none of it, nor does she care to. I don't know how many tablets she has, but I will certainly make good use of them for as long as they last, and thus hope to have some temporary relief.

Narcotic medications, you see, are illegal in Indonesia. How she even got these through Customs, I'm not sure. Of course, since she has a prescription for these, it's not like they would have arrested her or anything, but they could have easily confiscated the pills.

Back in America, I had a monthly prescription for Oxycodone/Hydrocodone, for pain associated with MS. It was, all in all, the most effective symptom relieving prescription among the dozens I had tried for MS symptoms. Ah, but those were the good old days. Nowadays, as I understand it, Oxycodone has become a leading drug of abuse in America. People crush it up and snort it, or smoke it, or God knows what. Unfortunate for those of us who need it for pain as, apparently, obtaining it from one's doctor, or insurance, is becoming considerably more difficult.

Here in Indonesia, if one find himself in severe pain, I'm not sure what he is supposed to do. Hit himself over the head with a hammer? That might work once, though with certain side effects but would probably not be an effective treatment regimen on a continuous basis.

No comments: