Visits

Friday, March 16, 2018

The Clothing and the Man

When I get dressed in the morning, I think I have in mind achieving an end result that will look something like a male model.  It doesn't have to be a model from Vogue or GQ. Kroger's or Wallmart would both be acceptable. What I see in the mirror, however, bears little resemblance to a male model of any sort from any media. It's not that there's any problem with the clothing, for it all looks quite nice while it's on the rack or the hanger. It is the transfer of the clothing to my body that is the problem. What I see looks more like a colorful hot air balloon or a circus tent. Or Mr. Potato Head. I am thin in the legs, shoulders and arms, but "husky" in the stomach. How does one buy clothing for such a figure? Perhaps at a  maternity shop? And why don't they have maternity shops for men? It doesn't seem quite fair or equal to me. And so I hit the streets such as I am, satisfied at least with the conservative supposition that being clothed in some manner is preferable to not being clothed at all.

No comments: