Visits

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Dead Arm

More dead arm problems last night. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Weird. During the night, who knows what time?, I woke up twice, as far as I can remember, with a left hand that was both dead as a rock and throbbing at the same time. Trying to move my arm about this way and that was of no avail, so there was nothing to do but get up and walk around the house. For some reason, when I stand up and walk, feeling gradually returns to my arm and hand. Go figure. Of course, one would rather be sleeping in the middle of the night than aimlessly walking around his little house. I slept again, but, as I've said, woke again some time later with the same dead arm syndrome. Got up again and walked around the house. By the third time this happened, morning had arrived … well, sort of morning … so I gave up on further sleep and got up for the day. It certainly is a strange phenomenon. My right hand is always somewhat numb, and the pain I have is in my right side (neck, shoulder and back). And yet it is my left hand that goes totally numb! Frankly, I'd rather that the right side went numb so that maybe the pain would be reduced. But then again, I'd better not wish such things upon myself. 

No comments: